THE FOUR MILF COMMANDERS WHO APPARENTLY DEFECTED TO MNLF: Samsudin, former chairman of the MILF Council of Ulamas; Salamat, brother of deceased MILF founder Hashim Salamat who allegedly commands 8,000 MILF troops; Jianalan, Murad’s former security chief who commands about 6,500 fighters; Saidale, a new commander of 1,500 armed men.
Gapul Hadjirul, political director of the Moro National Liberation
Front central committee, said to Manila Standard Today, “He [Murad]
betrayed his supporters when he conspired with the Malaysians in
entering into a Framework Agreement that is a deception by the
government and a conspiracy with the Americans to attain their secret
objective in Mindanao.”
Despite the "look good, feel good" rhetorics, Malaysia has ulterior
motives in engineering this deal; part of which is to prevent the
Philippines from ever reviving the Sabah claim -- and they have
achieved this by funding and supporting secessionist groups in
Mindanao; another is to ensure of their potential control of
resources-rich Mindanao which the separatists may just hand to them to
form part of a larger Malaysia federation.
DO NOT TRUST MALAYSIA!
to MST story: MILF wracked by defections
In photo: Shown left MILF chief Murad with his benefactor Malaysia PM Najib Razak
Original photo caption: Najib shares shares a moment with Moro
Islamic Liberation Front chairman Al Haj Murad during the signing of a
peace deal at the Malacanang palace in Manila October 15, 2012. —
Source: Malaysia Insider Najib says Malaysia must help sustain Bangsamoro [MILF] deal
All about the genuine Sabah Claim Society
ATTENTION! This blog is the genuine Sabah Claim Society.
We are Philippine patriots who have grouped together from around the world and who created the Sabah Claim Society group originally on Facebook on 15 July 2011 and counted close to 6,000 members.
But on 5 October 2011 our group on Facebook was traitorously hijacked by two people we had invited to join us as group admins but who, we learned later on, had been hired to sabotage our patriotic group by a group of sinister individuals sporting fake European sounding nobility titles and other spurious Tausug/Sulu titles ['bestowed' and indiscriminately distributed on Facebook] and organized by a combined team of charlatans namely a datu (sporting a fake sultan title) and the latter's handler who is conveniently sporting an absolutely fake 'princely' title as well.
Please be warned that the said group of individuals, we believe, are in fact con artists out to "claim" Sabah for "get rich quick" reasons and are not genuine Philippine patriots. Their motive, we have discovered, is to be able to convince Malaysians that they are genuine Sulu royalty and pro-Philippine Sabah claim supporters in order to extract from Malaysia (which has control of Sabah today) a premium for letting go of the Sabah claim.
For more information on the Philippine Sabah claim, please join the ongoing discussions by clicking on the following link on Facebook: Philippine Sabah Claim Forum
Saturday, 27 October 2012
Wednesday, 24 October 2012
By Teo Calasanz
For the Philippine Sabah Claim Forum
23 October 2012
Let me be clear that the opinion I will present is entirely my own and does not represent anyone in the group.
We all have been discussing this Sabah claim for quite some time now. Some for about a year, some of us for many years, and even some, for almost a lifetime. However, the events of the past few days have threatened to make all these discussions moot and academic. Not only is there a possibility of losing Sabah completely but there is that real possibility of the disintegration of the country. I will not bother to discuss the so called Framework Agreement as this has already been dissected to death. We have also been discussing who the rightful Sultan of Sulu should be considering that the land that is the subject of discussion is the property of the Sultanate and its heirs. This is separate from the discussion of the sovereignty over the land. However, all of these are interrelated and cannot be separated from each other without affecting the other subject.
After objectively analyzing the different aspects of the different claimants, I have concluded that the best claims are among three individuals representing two lines of succession. Of these, the best claim is that of Jamalul. However, he suffers from an apparent disinterest by virtue of his continued residency in Manila. The next would be his Raja Muda Esmail who is acting Sultan for now. He tilts in favor of Malaysia owing to their stay there when Pres Marcos declared martial law. The last would be Muedzul, the son of Mahakuttah the last sultan.
Be that as it may, there are times when circumstances and the needs of the hour force us to alter our priorities. We are at a critical moment in our history and as irrelevant as it may seem to many in the rest of the country, the importance of having the right sultan in Sulu cannot be cannot be overemphasized. It can determine the fate of the Visayas and Mindanao as well.
To put it bluntly, the Philippines’ claim over Sabah hinges on the assignment of the Sultanate’s claim of sovereignty over the territory. If the sultan revokes that assignment and sides with Malaysia, it tremendously weakens any claim the Philippines has on Sabah. But worse would be if any state that would include Sulu, decides to join the Malaysian Federation, not only have we lost any claim on the most productive state in Malaysia but also the most productive areas of the Philippines as well.
The only way to forestall this possibility is to have a sultan who will ensure that Sulu and Tawitawi will remain Philippine territory.
He must likewise be a leader who can inspire his people and give them hope that they can have a better future ahead. For so long, our brothers in Sulu have had this perception that they are treated as second class citizens of this country. We have several occasions in history when kings have been replaced by others with better qualifications either through the will of the people or by force. In our own history, we have had two legally elected presidents deposed by others.
While there are many who all claim the title of Sultan, we have not seen anyone step into the shoes of a real leader. Someone who will inspire and lead his people to the greatness they once had. A leader who will restore their pride in their culture and in themselves. A leader the people will follow into battle if it need be.
At the moment, I can only see one man who fits this mold: Muedzul Lail Tan Kiram.
May he live to lead his people to the greatness they deserve.
*Teo Calasanz was a junior naval officer serving aboard RPS (BRP) Cebu in 1968 in a stand off with a small joint British and Malaysia flotilla near Turtle Islands when news broke out that Operation Merdeka, the first physical attempt by the Philippines to recover Sabah, had been discovered.
In picture: Sultan Muedzul Kiram with HM's Chief of Staff, Royal Armed Forces, Sultanate of Sulu & North Borneo (Sabah
At the end of the day, Nur Misuari can be a 'softie.' NO! NO! That's not meant to malign the MNLF founder and legendary Tausug warrior but merely to say that he is human and appreciates, like many of us, respect and a minimum of courtesy.
That was actually my reaction after reading a news report in today's Freeman that said, "The stance of Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) founding chairman Nur Misuari against the framework agreement may soon soften as a result of the Aquino administration's "talks" with the leader of the former rebel group."
It reminded me of a story that no less than current DND Secretary Voltz Gazmin likes to tell of the 1986 historic meeting between the late President Cory Aquino and the legenderary warrior -- or an incident just before the meeting, when she broke protocol and flew to Sulu to sue for peace with the MNLF. Voltz Gazmin, who was then CG, Presidential Security Group, tells the story often enough to highlight the courageous streak in the late president but which also gave us an insight into Misuari's innate Tausug character.
Voltz Gazmin recounted that the event was due to take place right in MNLF lair and as commanding general of the presidential security command, he was naturally apprehensive for the security of the chief executive. The life of the president was in his hands. He remarked that the president felt almost no fear and trusted that she would be able to achieve what she had set out to do. But he did not trust the MNLF, Misuari or not Misuari, to get anywhere near the president especially in Sulu where he would be severely outnumbered if things went wrong. But one thing he did say was that from the onset of the meeting between Cory and Misuari, the Tausug rebel exuded a very courteous demeanour towards the president, almost humble, perhaps, honoured and impressed that the president, a woman to boot, would have the courage to show up in "enemy country."
After a brief but courteous exchange, and just as the serious part of the discussions was about to begin, Mrs Aquino did the most unexpected thing -- which had not been planned at all; she ordered everyone out of the conference room except for a note taker. She decided that she was going to speak to Nur Misuari one-on-one. Voltz was naturally caught off guard. He was adamant that he did not want to leave the president alone with the rebel Tausug Misuari and insisted to be present with the president. But the president refused Gazmin's remonstrances. She was determined that they should be left alone to discuss the process of peace. She tried to reassure the PSG chief that everything would be alright and ordered him to leave.
With his heart trepidating, he left and waited outside the conference room. After nearly an hour, the president called for staff and the commander of the PSG. Alongside a meek-looking Nur Misuari, the president announced that they had come to an agreement to go forward to settle matters towards peace. According to Gazmin, he was left speechless. He saw Nur Misuari almost appearing like a lamb, acting with great deference to the president, in other words, respectful.
Cory Aquino left an indelible image of courage and fortitude in General Voltz Gazmin. But unknown to him, he left me personally with the appreciation that Nur Misuari, despite the rhetorics, is a reasonable man, a fierce but also gentle Tausug warrior. And that was what the MNLF commander was like when I finally met him for the first time back in the 90s.
By Anne de Bretagne
For The Philippine Sabah Claim Forum
24 October 2012
LINK TO NEWS ITEM: P-Noy sends ally to talk to Misuari
PHOTO from Presidential Museum and Library.
Friday, 19 October 2012
MALACANANG CIRCULAR 2008 CONCERNING SABAH: Guidelines on matters pertaining to North Borneo (Sabah). Unless otherwise revoked, we assume the guidelines are still in place.
The following official guideline -- Section 1 -- alone is already all-encompassing, i.e., that all official agencies of the Republic are prohibited from mentionning any reference to Sabah being a part of Malaysia.
Section 1: No Department, agency or instrumentality of the Philippine Government hall make any act or statement expressing or implying, directly or indirectly, any recognition of a foreign state's sovereignty over North Borneo (Sabah) or non-recognition of Philippine title or historial and legal rights to the same.
IT'S OFFICIAL: HM Sultan Muedzul-Lail T Kiram of the Sultanate of Sulu and North Borneo (Sabah) is prepared to fight for Sabah
IT'S OFFICIAL: HM Sultan Muedzul Lail T Kiram, 35th Sultan of Sulu and North Borneo (Sabah) is prepared to fight for Sabah. This photo has just been released for publication to declare His Majesty's intention.
We support Sultan Muedzul Kiram's intention. Long live HM Sultan Muedzul Lail T Kiram, 35th sultan of the Sultanate of Sulu and North Borneo (Sabah)!
Sultan Muedzul Kiram is the eldest grandson of Sultan Esmail Kiram I, the sultan who officially transferred sovereignty rights over Sabah to the Republic of the Philippines in 1962. His father (now deceased) was the sultan before him.
The coronation of Sultan Muedzul Kiram took place in September 2012 on the sacred grounds of the Astanah Darul Jambangan in Maimbung, Sulu, Philippines, seat of the sultanate throne. The last Sultan who was crowned in Maimbung, Sulu was HM Almarhum Sultan Esmail E Kiram (grandfather of current reigning Sultan Muedzul Kiram), the sultan of Sulu who transferred sovereignty rights over Sabah to the Republic of the Philippines in 1962.
Today, HM Sultan Muedzul Kiram, is the only Sultanate of Sulu and North Borneo heir to have come forward and vowed to act IN THIS CRITICAL PERIOD of national confusion related to Malaysia's official admittance in Mindanao (and the burying of our claim through inaction). HM Sultan Muedzul Kiram has made it clear that he will fight for the return of Sabah.
Shown in picture taken on July 05 2012 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (former North Borneo): His Majesty Sultan Muedzul-lail T Kiram supported by the Sabahan Leader Dr. Jeffrey Kitingan, considered by West Malaysia as a Sabah dissident and brother of current Deputy Chief Minister of Sabah, in a one on one meeting at his hotel suite, Le Merridien, Kampong Ayir, KK, Sabah.
In photo with the 35th Sultan of Sulu and North Borneo is MNLF General HJI GAJER SADDARAMIL, HM Sultan Muedzul lail T Kiram's Chief of Staff, Royal Armed Forces, Sultanate of Sulu and North Borneo.
To view other photos: Defenders of the Philippine Sabah and Spratly Claims
Tuesday, 16 October 2012
LET US BE VERY CLEAR ABOUT ONE THING: We are not against peace talks or peace deals with any of the rebel groups or Islamic organisation in Mindanao.
We do not even oppose handing over portions of Mindanao to our fellow countrymen or Muslim brothers in Mindanao, be they MNLF, MILF, BIFF, BIFM, MIM, or to whoever among OUR people BUT -- and this is a big but -- what we feel strongly about is doing it to serve Malaysia interests to the detriment of our own national peace, law and order in Mindanao, economic development in the South and above all, to the detriment of our national honour.
The Filipino people know full well that Malaysia began fermenting trouble in Mindanao by proxy immediately after the Philippines' Operation Merdeka, the failed physical attempt to recover Sabah in 1968. Malaysia efforts to sabotage stability in Mindanao have continued to this day, under different disguises perhaps but are aimed at distabilising Muslim Mindanao just the same. Generations of Mindanaoans know that Malaysia formed, trained, nurtured, funded secessionist groups right in Sabah. Malaysia objective: to keep the Philippines busy warring so that the country and its succeeding administrations could not turn around to re-claim Sabah.
Today, despite the change in Malaysia tactics, i.e., playing the 'goodies', engineering a peace deal, photo ops with GPH's Marvic Leonen and Teresita Deles, etc., their objective has not changed. On the pretext of being the loving 'big brother' peacenickers, Malaysia's bottom aim is to force us to accept the Sabah claim death warrant that they have been trying to serve us these last 4 decades and to bury our sovereignty claim to Sabah with finality. And we are absolutely certain that our Government today is aware that this is Malaysia's true motive. President Aquino cannot claim ignorance of Malaysia motives -- he has possession of intel reports on his desk on everything that has happened and continues to happen in Mindanao.
Question today: Should President Aquino's Government now officially accept to kill our Sabah claim in the name of true peace?
If national Government's true objective is peace overall, we recommend that President Aquino address the issue once and for all. You don't have to have a PhD in political science or in history to understand that the Sabah sovereignty issue with Malaysia will continue to be the key factor in the determination of our brothers in Mindanao to secede from the Republic to join Sabah, potentially under Malaysia umbrella.
We therefore insist that if President Aquino is serious about this 'peace deal' with the MILF (too bad he's done it without the MNLF and the others) -- and not merely to gain political "pogi" points, he must not shirk from the task of doing what is genuinely good for the people of Mindanao: have the courage to either tell the Malaysians "to bugger off" or to tell the nation that we are formally renouncing our sovereignty claim to Sabah.
By Anne de Bretagne
For the Philippine Sabah Claim Forum
16 October 2012
A MUST READ: Undertanding our Failures
By Teo Calasanz
Unsung hero, Operation Merdeka
For the Philippine Sabah Claim Forum
15 October 2012